Emory University Public Health Data Analyst in atlanta, Georgia
PRISM seeks a Research Data Analyst to provide data management and epidemiologic support to research projects focused on HIV prevention programs and app-based interventions. In addition to database development/management, the individual would be responsible for development of data collection tools, performing QA/QC, exporting data, creating reports and conducting basic statistical analyses for epidemiologic studies in SAS.
Key Job Functions:
• Manage day to day research and programmatic activities as they relate to database development and database management for research projects and programs
• Program web-based surveys in Survey Gizmo
• Setup case report form (CRF) database using DataFax tools in Linux
• Edit check programming, query management using DataFax
• Generate data reports and materials for site management using SAS
• Prepare usable datasets, perform QC, and monitor data from mobile apps created by various developers
• Develop creative solutions independently or as part of a team to solve data issues and facilitate study management
• Maintain, repair, manage, and update databases; provide programming for projects on an ongoing basis
• Manage data sets and conduct data cleaning to facilitate data export to statistics packages.
• Create Standard Operating Procedures with respect to database management and database development. Develop best practices for data collection and storage
• Conduct basic statistical analyses for epidemiological studies
• Other duties as assigned
JOB DESCRIPTION: Creates and maintains a data dictionary and meta data. Supports efforts to ensure that data standards are developed and maintained. Ensures that the uses of data through reports and queries are accurate. Supports business and system re-engineering and architecture development to define future data needs. Serves as an organizational consultant on matters relating to databases by providing expertise to assist users in meeting their needs. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of experience in processes and standards related to data OR a bachelor's degree.
Excellent working knowledge of SAS. Experience with other programming languages a plus. Experience working with relational database structures such as Microsoft Access, SQL, or other form collection tools Experience in generating SAS-based reports using a variety of methods (e.g., PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE, macros, ODS) and exporting those reports to other formats such as Microsoft Excel, PDF, and HTML. Knowledge of web-based survey development in Survey Gizmo or similar tools such as ACASI, Qualtrics, RedCAP, etc. Experience working with DataFax for CRF data management Outstanding organizational skills, ability to work with quantitative data, basic understanding of epidemiology and biostatistics, familiarity with epidemiologic/medical terminology Able to handle multiple tasks at once; meet deadlines, familiar with databases, detailed, flexible, able to manage relationships Demonstrated experience contributing data analysis to manuscripts and reports to funding agencies Experience with work related to HIV, sexual minorities, and social/sexual behavior Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster a good working relationship on team and multisite studies-73345BR
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Job Number 15343
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division School Of Public Health
Department SPH: Epidemiology
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Job Category Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled